10 things I love to do:-
1. Of course its gardening! Love it since I was in primary school planting my first vegetable by
accident, the cherry tomatoes, must have just threw the seeds into a broken stainless steel
pot and walla! I got endless supplies of cute little tomatoes for curries, masak kicap and
salads! Then my first flowering plant...bunga tahi ayam (marigold) with abundant supply of
their name sake which kept them healthy and lush with big orange flowers! I was so proud
of myself back then..the only kid growing plants on the block..Love to surround myself with
plants and beautiful flowers!
2. My marigold became the next step to my next love...flower arrangement! Entered them for
flower competitions 2 years in a row in my school...and won! I remembered the first time I
gave the arrangement the name "Apollo 13" with 13 big orange marigold in between a
banana leave shoot coming down in a semi-spiral...From then on I got hooked on flowers and
I even worked in a florist at SOGO once just for fun!
3. My love of flowers, plants and their beauty give me the creativity to create art and crafts,
drawings, painting, in mediums like porcelain painting, water colours. dried flowers
arrangements. I just love the arts! especially for occasions like weddings, family parties or
just small personal gifts to family and friends.
4. I love to travel now that my sons have all grown up and independent, give me time to explore
other places in Malaysia and abroad when my purse string permits..the rich culture
Jeddah, Medinna, Mecca, Phuket, Jakarta, Bandung and all the states in Malaysia. Usually
I will travel with a good friend Noni.
5. Eating! Travelling will give me big appetite and forget about my dieting! I want to sample all
the local food at that particular place I visit. Noni and I especially enjoyed our first trip
abroad together to Turkey becos of their delicious and wonderful local cuisines!
6. Decorating the house was my passion since I was in secondary school, living out in one or
two-rooms police barracks most of the time. Always moving the megre furniture around to
make it look more spacious, decorating it with fresh flowers in labu sayong, scrubbing the
cement floors with powdered clorox to make it whiter than white! haha...Attended
workshops on interior decorating but no formal education.
7. Since I love eating.. I love to cook too but not a very good cook. But good enough to feed my
like Hari Raya. But Im completely, utterly hopeless at baking! My bad experience during
secondary school, when a birthday cake turned out floppy in the middle, put me off baking
since! Still I attended workshops by famous chefs..but never have the guts to try them at
8. I love the movies...Hollywood! Will go and see them at the cinemas if time permits with Noni
or just be a potato couch at home in front of the tv. Love romantic-comedy, costumed/period
movies, animated movies, dramas, adventures but not too much violent and gore in them. And
also local theatres at Istana Budaya.
9. Love to read when Im not watching movies on tv. Old period novels, historical biographies,
Hollywood movie stars magazines (my passion since secondary school), flower arrangements,
interior decorating magazines, detective stories, National Geographic, Readers Digest or any
good novels that I can read without feeling bored after 10 minutes.
10. Surfing the net...reading blogs from all over the world about gardening, social, arts, political